Innovation Awards 2022 is the market-leading awards program for celebrating ecosystem innovation and excellence across the technology sector in ASEAN.
- 7 March 2012 10:36
OpenText Tempo and New Tempo Express Edition Deliver Private, Secure Hybrid Cloud Document Sharing, Mobile Syncing
OpenText (NASDAQ: OTEX, TSX: OTC) today announced the general availability of OpenText Tempo and introduced Tempo Express Edition, a new offering that lets companies quickly set up a private solution for easily sharing and syncing content in the cloud. Both editions offer all the ease-of-use of consumer-oriented document sharing cloud services coupled with the rigorous records management and security required to meet internal policies and industry regulations.
"Secure publishing, sharing and syncing information across multiple devices is clearly resonating with users, hence the emergence of cloud-based services on the consumer side. For enterprises, however, the consumer cloud is just another way for information to get lost or into the wrong hands," said Eugene Roman, Chief Technology Officer of OpenText. "Tempo combines consumer-level usability with enterprise-level reliability and security. It will fundamentally change the tempo of how information is used, shared and stored by enterprise users."
With OpenText Tempo and Tempo Express Edition, organisations maintain absolute control over their content. For users, the experience and functionality is similar to popular file sharing services with full desktop integration and easy access to synchronised content from mobile apps on all the most popular devices. But while the user experience doesn't change, all content is actually being stored behind the corporate firewall with a full audit trail, versioning and permission control.
OpenText Tempo Content Server Edition is designed to bring easy file sharing functionality to organisations currently using or investing in the full OpenText ECM Suite, and can work in conjunction with existing content applications and user interfaces.
OpenText Tempo Express Edition provides a self-contained Tempo environment that can be used alone or alongside other content repositories. This gives companies an "out-of-the-box" way to take advantage of simple and fast document sharing while still maintaining full control over where content is stored, and with the benefit of an advanced content management feature set.
Key features of both OpenText Tempo and Tempo Express Edition include:
- Transparent integration into user desktops, including sharing with internal and external users
- Ability to synchronise content across any number of computers, tablets, and other devices, ensuring that users always have the latest copy of documents
- A simple Web interface for managing file information, setting permissions or sharing files
- A flexible deployment model that allows organisations to manage OpenText Tempo entirely on-premises or, drawing from patent-pending technology and cloud-based hosting, choose a hybrid model that allows organisations to maintain control of the information but offload the effort of maintaining the service to OpenText
- OpenText Tempo was announced on a preview basis in November 2011 at the OpenText Content World customer event and made available to customers on a trial basis. The initial feedback from customers has been strongly positive about the intuitive user experience across Web, desktop computers and mobile devices."
OpenText Tempo Content Server Edition is available now. OpenText Tempo Express Edition will be available later this month. For more information go to: www.opentext.com/tempo.
OpenText, a global ECM leader, helps organisations manage and gain the true value of their business content. OpenText brings two decades of expertise supporting 100 million users in 114 countries. Working with our customers and partners, we bring together leading Content Experts™ to help organisations capture and preserve corporate memory, increase brand equity, automate processes, mitigate risk, manage compliance and improve competitiveness. For more information, visit www.opentext.com