- 22 October 2014 09:51
Extreme Networks’ Unified Edge delivers robust performance to simplify IT and future proof the network
SYDNEY – Oct. 22, 2014 – Extreme Networks, Inc. (NASDAQ: EXTR), a leader in high performance networking, today announced key additions to its Unified Edge portfolio of access layer products, building on its innovative Software Defined Architecture.
The new Summit X460-G2 fixed switch and IdentiFi Wireless 3805 access points (AP) add increased performance, manageability and BYOD/security to the company’s world-class network product portfolio. The development of the Summit X460-G2 is a significant milestone towards a converged and streamlined portfolio of fixed switching solutions from Extreme Networks.
In today’s mobile-first world, the network must deliver on user expectations for secure, fast and flexible wired/wireless access. Extreme’s Unified Edge provides a simple, fast and smart architecture that is now enhanced with premium edge switching, with the Summit X460-G2 and an affordable, full featured 802.11ac access point that can be deployed anywhere.
Extreme Networks’ Unified Edge, a part of its Software Defined Architecture, enables customers to transform their network into a strategic asset, with the benefits of network-wide visibility, data analytics and programmability.
• The Summit X460-G2 and IdentiFi AP 3805 are optimized to work with Extreme Networks’ NetSight management and Purview analytics platforms.
• The Summit X460-G2 is Extreme Networks’ high performance Gigabit edge switch, providing a fast, versatile fixed switching solution that scales for the demands of edge applications and convergence.
• The Summit X460-G2 includes 10 models, with options including 1/10/40GbE uplinks.
• The Summit X460-G2 features cross-platform stacking across all Summit switch models and is unique in the industry, allowing customers to avoid rip and replace scenarios.
• The Summit X460-G2 delivers more PoE+ power than any previous Extreme edge switch driving 30W of 802.3at compliant PoE+ to every port.
• The IdentiFi AP3805 delivers 2x2:2 802.11ac performance in a discrete form factor making it well suited for deployment in multiple environments.
• The IdentiFi AP 3805 offers all features and functionality within the IdentiFi portfolio at a lower entry price.
Craig Mathias, principal, the Farpoint Group: “The edge of today’s organisational network must keep pace with the accelerating demands for coverage, capacity, and cost-effective operations generated by BYOD, growth in the overall user base, a rapidly increasing number of mobile devices, and ever-increasing application demands. Extreme Networks is addressing all of this with a unique combination of high-performance, cost-effective wired and wireless networking hardware, unified management, increased visibility, security, and analytic insights.”
Mike Leibovitz, director of mobility & applications, Extreme Networks: “In today’s experience economy, users have come to expect connectivity anywhere and everywhere. As a result, high performing networks must be ready and able to scale. Meeting customers’ needs today is no longer enough; rather, businesses must be prepared to support the needs of tomorrow. With our new Unified Edge products, we’re enabling them to do just that, combining a future-proofed edge switching series with an affordable 802.11ac access point that can be deployed anywhere. The most recent additions to the Unified Edge demonstrates our commitment to helping make our customers successful today, tomorrow and for years down the road.
About Extreme Networks
Extreme Networks, Inc. (NASDAQ: EXTR) is setting a new standard for superior customer experience by delivering network-powered innovation and market leading service and support. The company delivers high-performance switching and routing products for data centre and core-to-edge networks, wired/wireless LAN access, and unified network management and control. Our award-winning solutions include software-defined networking (SDN), cloud and high-density Wi-Fi, BYOD and enterprise mobility, identity access management and security. Extreme Networks is headquartered in San Jose, CA and has more than 12,000 customers in over 80 countries. For more information, visit the company's website at http://www.extremenetworks.com.
David Frost, PR Deadlines, for Extreme Networks. +61.2.4341 5021 firstname.lastname@example.org