- 18 November 2014 09:14
Extreme Networks introduces open, standards-based and comprehensive SDN and data centre ecosystem
SYDNEY – Nov. 18, 2014 – Extreme Networks, Inc. (NASDAQ: EXTR), a leader in high performance networking, today announced new products and Technology Solution Partner (TSP) Program members as key enhancements to its Software Defined Architecture, the industry’s first open, standards based and comprehensive data centre ecosystem.
Extreme Networks’ Software Defined Architecture delivers robust performance, unified management, application analytics and dynamic data centre orchestration for highly virtualised enterprise, cloud/service provider and high performance computing (HPC)/Big Data deployments. By leveraging OneController™, an OpenDaylight based SDN platform, customers can harness the innovation velocity fueled by an open source SDN landscape.
Extreme Networks New Data Centre Switching and Analytics Products
• Summit® X670-G2 Switch – New top-of-rack switches available in 48 and 72 port 1RU 10GbE fixed models. Features industry-leading density for 10GbE (72 ports 1RU or 144 ports in 2RU) and best-in-class latency at less than 600ns.
• Purview Application Sensor – A new appliance scaling and simplifying the deployment of Purview analytics within data centres.
New Technology Solution Partner (TSP) Program Members
• Sanbolic – Provides a software defined storage and application scale out solution for hyper-converged systems that – together with validated Extreme Networks Data Centre Bridging solutions for converged network infrastructures – improves availability, load-balancing and user experiences in virtual applications and across multiple locations and clouds by hyper-scaling IT resources to improve data centre economics.
• A10 Networks – Optimises north-south traffic flows in global data centre interconnect DCI scenarios through VM and topology awareness. Improves data centre security by leveraging distributed threat response to protect against suspicious server threats and optimal resource utilisation through the integration with the Extreme Networks SDN platform.
• NetOptics IXIA – Extends application visibility and analytics into virtualised data centre infrastructures together with Purview for any traffic flows, including inter-VM (east-west) traffic on the hypervisor hosts.
Extreme Networks Data Centre Solution Elements
• Faster performance with ultra low latency and highly reliable hardware
• Open and standards based SDN that will capitalize on solution velocity
• Application analytics to understand and optimize highly virtualized data centres
• An established open ecosystem approach with proven and integrated solutions
• Data centres that are simple, fast and smart Extreme Networks’ Technology Solution Partner (TSP) Program
Extreme Networks’ Technology Solutions Partner (TSP) Program is a consortium of technology leaders committed to accelerating IT innovation through open, standards based and flexible, high performance network architectures. Leveraging Extreme Networks SDN architecture – which integrates the award-winning OneFabric Control Centre, OneController OpenDaylight and OneFabric Connect SDN API – the TSP program focuses on integration, validation and interoperability with technology leaders in the areas of mobility, security, SDN, IT operations, data centre, cloud, analytics and convergence. TSP member companies include: Microsoft Palo Alto Networks, AirWatch by VMware, A10 Networks, NetOptics / IXIA and Sanbolic.
Lenovo and Extreme Networks tackle HPC with Intelligent Cluster
Extreme Networks’ high performance Ethernet solutions are available as part of Lenovo’s portfolio of HPC solutions, combining supercomputing with resilient, fast and intelligent networking. Extreme Networks and Lenovo will demonstrate HPC infrastructure that feature Lenovo servers, storage, software and Extreme Networks’ low latency Summit® series switches at SC14 (Booth #3123), Nov. 17 – 20.
Demonstrations will also include a range of high-performance, non-blocking Ethernet interfaces connecting 1GbE/10GbE/40GbE servers and storage infrastructure. These tested solutions allow for a wide choice of technology within an integrated, delivered HPC solution.
Scott Tease, executive director, High Performance Computing at Lenovo
“As the need for more complete HPC solutions is continually driven by requirements for big data, cloud and convergence, Extreme Networks’ scalable Ethernet solutions are ideally suited as the newest addition to Lenovo’s Intelligent Cluster. The wide range of high density support at 1/10/40GbE speeds combined with impressive latency performance is key to the success of HPC projects throughout enterprises, research institutions and telecoms.”
Markus Nispel, vice president, Solutions Architecture and Innovation at Extreme Networks
“Extreme Networks commitment to open and multi-vendor based networking through our Software Defined Architecture, the development of our SDN platform leveraging OpenDaylight and cooperation with data centre and HPC leaders accelerates the availability of innovative solutions for both our customers and our integration partners.”
• Extreme Networks’ Software Defined Architecture
• Summit X670-G2 Product Page
• Extreme Networks’ Technology Solutions Partner (TSP) Program
• Connect with Extreme via Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn and Google+
About Extreme Networks
Extreme Networks, Inc. (NASDAQ: EXTR) is setting a new standard for superior customer experience by delivering network-powered innovation and market leading service and support. The company delivers high-performance switching and routing products for data centre and core-to-edge networks, wired/wireless LAN access, and unified network management and control. Our award-winning solutions include software-defined networking (SDN), cloud and high-density Wi-Fi, BYOD and enterprise mobility, identity access management and security. Extreme Networks is headquartered in San Jose, CA and has more than 12,000 customers in over 80 countries. For more information, visit the company's website at http://www.extremenetworks.com.
David Frost, PR Deadlines, for Extreme Networks. +61.2.4341 5021 email@example.com