Innovation Awards 2022 is the market-leading awards program for celebrating ecosystem innovation and excellence across the technology sector in ASEAN.
- 23 April 2015 16:36
AVG Business Extends Global Footprint with Latest Release of AVG Business Managed Workplace Platform
Featuring Secure Sign-On and Backup and Disaster Recovery extensions and including seamless Microsoft365 and VMware integration, AVG Business Managed Workplace makes it easy for partners to deploy and administer remote IT management services to their business customers. Released in key markets worldwide, including Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the Nordics, the United Kingdom, and the United States, and it is also localized for partners in Austria, Germany and Switzerland through AVG’s new regional offices.
AVG Business Managed Workplace Version 9.1 delivers an enriched social media-style user interface that streamlines workflows to simplify the lives of IT providers, Managed Service Providers and their small-to-medium sized business customers. The integration of remote mobile security through AVG Secure Sign-On and the Backup and Disaster Recovery management capabilities enable new site on-boarding in fifteen minutes or less*. Dedicated, global customer service and technical support is available to all partners, with a value-add two-tier premium Network Operations Center support service offering 24x7 response and remediation available for additional support in English speaking markets.
Louise Brandish, Managing Director of Brisbane headquartered, Eagle Technology & Solutions Pty Ltd, said: “AVG Business Managed Workplace is great for us and great for our clients. We’re investing in its potential and driving the business forward on it.
“Its multi-faceted power allows us to service more clients per man hour. With this greater range of customers we can better spread risk. And I can work on the business rather than in it - which opens up a whole avenue of exciting things.”
Among the key benefits provided to partners by the latest enhancements are:
• Faster, easier navigation and monitoring – Enhanced, intuitive new user interface** enables fast, simple navigation. The display of important customer systems information at-a-glance, sleek design and optimized workflows deliver an improved user experience allowing partners to not waste any time in training.
• Simple security deployment for cloud and mobile applications – An intuitive, guided process simplifies deployment and enables actionable information to be delivered directly to the central dashboard for ease of administration.
• Secure Sign-On – Single sign-on, cloud identity, identity management and multi-factor authentication come together in a system that solves the Bring-Your-Own-Device challenge by tackling small business IT concerns around employees using a ‘real world’ mix of personal and company-issued devices to do business both inside and outside the four walls of the office. Availability with Active Directory and multi-factor authentication makes deployment straightforward and provides extra security measures.
• Ready available BDR services integration – Full BDR integration lets partners build new recurring revenue streams via premium data protection services for customers, including server backup, endpoint backup, data archive, file sharing and disaster recovery to any on-premise, hosted cloud or in-house datacentre location.
• Industry-leading Premium Network Operations Center (NOC) services – A new two-tier premium NOC services option enables skilled IT resources to be extended to 24x7 response without hiring additional headcount.
• Richer connectivity experience with leading industry applications – Open ecosystem approach makes it easier than ever to seamlessly manage popular applications such as Microsoft Office 365 and VMware as well as leading connectivity tools like ScreenConnect, TeamViewer and LogMeIn Pro.
Michael McKinnon, Security Awareness Director at AVG, said: “Success for us is making it easy for our partners to move to AVG Business Managed Workplace because we know that success for them is being able to deploy and administer IT services easily and flexibly to their business customers.
“Our centralised approach through a ‘single pane of glass’ user interface integrates the core AVG functionality with industry-standard solutions including Microsoft365 and VMware for maximum productivity. This lets partners see all the information they need to make the best informed decision for their business.”
* Based on AVG internal tests
** Images available here: http://now.avg.com/avg-managed-workplace-9-1-press-kit/
About AVG Technologies (NYSE: AVG) AVG is the online security company providing leading software and services to secure devices, data and people. Over 200 million active users, as of March 4, 2015, use AVG´s products and services. AVG’s Consumer portfolio includes internet security, performance optimization, and personal privacy and identity protection for mobile devices and desktops. The AVG Business portfolio - delivered by managed service providers, VARs and resellers - offers IT administration, control and reporting, integrated security, and mobile device management that simplify and protect businesses. All trademarks are the property of their respective owners. www.avg.com For further information please contact:
Michael McKinnon AVG Technologies 0419 303 660 Shuna Boyd BoydPR 02 9418 8100
Note to Editors: AVG Business sells and markets a comprehensive, integrated set of cloud security and remote monitoring and management (RMM) software applications that are designed from the ground up to simplify the lives of IT providers, Managed Service Providers (MSPs) and their small-to-medium sized business customers.
The portfolio comprises AVG Business CloudCare, a cloud-based administration platform offering resellers a simple way to implement and manage services such as antivirus, content filtering, online backup and email security services for their customers; AVG Business Managed Workplace, an open eco-system Remote Monitoring & Management tool; and AVG Business Secure Sign-On, a cloud-based identity policy, verification and mobile device management service.
Supported by a worldwide network of more than 10,000 partners, AVG’s strong IT security heritage complements its proven strength as an RMM provider and partner to help smaller IT companies and MSPs transition and flourish as fully-fledged managed services businesses.
AVG Business Managed Workplace is developed and supported by the Center of Excellence for Managed Workplace based in Ottawa, Canada.